Saturday 7 May to Saturday 28 May
Celebrating the 80th Anniversary of Wainwright’s Tour of the Lake District – Whitsun 1931
1. How to send the report and photographs: Ideally, both report and photographs should be sent by email to: email@example.com with both report and photographs as attachments to the email. Please put the name of your chosen walk/location in the subject line of your email and your name and membership number at the top of the report.
The report should be sent as a ‘Word’ document; the font and type size is unimportant as it will be converted to a common style before publication. Photographs should each be no more than 2 mb and should preferably be jpegs. We would like 2 photographs if possible; one of you (or your party) on the walk or at the location and the second as a view from the walk/location. Could you also provide the location of each photograph and the names of anyone in the photo.
(If you do not have access to email and/or digital photos, send a hard copy of both report and photos to:
The 1931 Tour Challenge Book, Hawthorns, Church Road, Blundeston, Lowestoft, NR32 5AX
2. The book: The Challenge book will be in a different format this year. What is planned is a shorter report from you, together with a sketch and/or quotation from the works of Alfred Wainwright. The Society is grateful to John Nicholl of Frances Lincoln for giving permission for the sketches and quotes to be used in our book. Although you might like to write a report about your Challenge, you may also care to reflect on the anniversary of this remarkable walk undertaken by Wainwright and his pals from the Treasurer’s Office in Blackburn.
Note: The book will not contain photographs from members this year, but all photographs submitted will be part of a Photostory CD to be included with the book.
3. Number of Words: Whilst not wishing to be too prescriptive, a report of around 250 words is ideal. (We may on some occasions have to do a little editing to help page-fit in the book).
4. Deadline for receipt: We have had some problems chasing late entries in the past. It would be really helpful to have ALL reports and photos sent in by the 30th June 2011 at the latest. Remember, if you do not send in your report you will be letting everybody else down who completed the challenge. We will acknowledge receipt of your reports and photographs by return email.
5. Photo Gallery: We also intend to repeat last year’s Photo Gallery which appeared on the website and Society Forum. To make it easier this year we will only use the one email address above for your photographs and we will then sort the ones out for the gallery at this end. You don’t need to do anything other than send report and photos as in 1 above.